Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sunday at the office


I found myself having half an hour for breakfast and I stopped at Hoca's KLCC for coffee and ommellet. I read a newspaper. It reminded me of Kak yah s cafe in Kerteh where I would spend my friday mornings before going for pasar Tani. Her miniscule roti canai had the appeal of a paper napkin, in look and in taste. But there was the fresh sea air and the feeling of calm. While at Hoca's though, Wham's ( yes, George and Andy) Reflex was being played on the radio at the neighbouring Nando's and gave me a terrible headache.

So I left much of my breakfast n headed to office. Trying to work on a Sunday in a semi darkness with no airconditioning. Urghhhh...where is Belle, my exec who s sposed to accompany me with assignment today??? I desperately want to share my misery!

After reading Kak Puteri's many hantu blogs, I also feel a bit spooked as sometimes the printer in my office starts printing during maghrib when I knew that I was alone and man, I haven't been printing anything...

I had been busy these past couple of weeks. Drove to the east coast to meet my millionaire vendors and cracking my brain on how to make them even more successful.

Hey, Belle is here! Yoo hooo...back to work n she got the aircond started up by security!!!

5 comments:

tireless mom said...

I know it is that time of the year. Budget and Planning, and you are in the office, eh? Poor thing. Hang in there babe. You know, I feel that we in this organisation are the bunch who really really work our **s out. Thank God we are being appreciated. I still have an unfinished opinion at the back of my head and in the draft mode in the soft copy.

the principal said...

Dulu, selalu jugak I had to work on weekends coz property launches mmg on weekends. Sometimes had to drive to Nilai, Kuala Selangor, Puchong etc. What did I get for working on weekends? The firm paid for my petrol & toll & allowance - a mere RM100 a day & they expected me to be there from 9-5. Tak berbaloi langsung...

Inner refugee said...

tireless mom n mdm principal,
It wasnt so bad, basically I was trying to rate my SME vendors into their appropriate grades based on their performance. In many ways, I have been lucky as I ve been blessed with interesting jobs that I dont really mind working late n working during weekends. Especially so , because I know when my vendors grow in size n in profits, there provide many job opportunities for our graduates. It makes me proud to see their new workshops or factories. Hehehe, what I m trying to say is that I am a very nationalistic person..!!

Nabila said...

Love you. Are my comments unprintable? am sorry, you bowled me over!

elly.s said...

Noooooooor,,Kerteh miss u too..
memang lah roti canai kak Yah tu best kan hehehehe..
Btw bila nak datang kerteh lagi?
Mau bayar hutang masa hari tu tak jumpa.

suka tengok foto Eli, dah besar dia sekarang...cantik!

Salam iedul Adha utk semua ahli keluargamu....