Saturday, December 26, 2009

Missing my children

It's 4 am n I can't sleep. Suddenly i feel as if I have been away from my kids for a very long time. I miss them. I feel like hugging them but hey, u cant wake up teenagers while they are sleeping for a hug... Time has passed so quickly, I have realised that they have been growing on their own and been on their own so much lately.My interaction with them has been limited to doing chores, homework n instructions for this n that.

i have talked to Zarith once in a while but I think I have neglected haniff. being the one in the middle, it seems that I constantly miss out on his life. He went for a swim and his phone was in his pocket. He doesnt show that he s missing it much, unlike his sister whom wud have bawled her eyes out. Now I just realise how much he must be missing it as he uses it to listen to music all the time.

It's easy to just pay attention to the youngest as she is very demanding but I must remind myself to be here for the others too. This sudden realization is bothering me so much so that I cant sleep.

So, my new year resolution is to talk to my kids more often on a deeper and more meaningful level. I miss them even as they are sleeping in their own beds tonight, just a few feet from me.

I love you kids. Wee have been through a lot together....

No comments: